Monday, October 1, 2012

St Louis Time



 This weekend finally came and Will and I loaded up to head to St. Louis to visit Andrea and her daughter, Sabrina.  St. Louis is right about half way between Tulsa and Lexington, so that is why we chose that destination city.  We actually did all of our activities not even in the actual city but just the surrounding cities.  It was nice not to hit all the hustle and bustle of the big city while we were there.  

Our first morning we got ready and went to a lavender farm down in Eureka, MO.  Had the lavender been in bloom this place would have been BEAUTIFUL.  Not in bloom though, not much reason to go.  Plus, they were super "by the book" about not taking pictures by their gorgeous barn.  Oops, we didn't listen to those rules.  We just went around back and snapped away.  She wasn't gonna tell me no.  I technically drove 6 hours to see this barn and lavender, so get out of my way!  Will had his first opportunity to snap his own "real" picture that I wasn't just going to delete the second he gave my phone back to me.  He did pretty well Andrea and I thought:)
 After the lavender experience we went to the coolest children's museum I have ever been to.  It was called The Magic House in Kirkwood, MO.  This place was spectacular!  The kids and the momma's all had a great time.  There were so many hands on things for the kids to do.  Interactive and fun projects, imaginative play, hands on, listening, climbing, physical...all types of learning was used at this house and Andrea and I loved that. 


 The funny thing was was that in this house, that has been converted to a museum, there were about 100 signs (like to the left) posted all around the house.  I read some of them, most of them I barely looked at.  This one struck me as funny and so TRUE when I read it so I snapped a picture of it to put on my blog.  Never do I take pictures of random signs.  Never does Andrea take pictures of random signs.  In the half hour we were apart in the museum guess what random sign picture she took a picture of as well?  Yep, you guessed it...the same sign!  I swear we are TOTALLY connected!




 While outside watching the kids play I took these two pictures of the garden outside.  The trees, flowers, flower maze, everything was so pretty.  This house was once owned by some financial guy (I think he was the founder of AG Edwards).  I could be wrong on that. Andrea heard the story, which I heard from her, and I forgot some details.  They added on some sections of the house to make the museum, but some parts stayed true to the house and it was really cool to walk through knowing it was made into something so special. 


Shogun's was for dinner because that is just what Andrea and I do when we are together.  We have so many pictures of the two of us posing before we eat our Japanese food:)  The cook even told me an awesome way to clean my griddle next time I cook on it!  Will was super wired for some special Japanese cuisine as you can tell!  

We had a great time and wish we could do it every weekend.  For right now, I will just be thankful we got to spend some time together this weekend.  We are already looking forward to our next adventure whenever that may be.....


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time, loved the pics; especially the one of little-chuck. Where is the Arch pic though?

    ReplyDelete