Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our Weekend



 While Steven and the boys were off enjoying their camping weekend (more on that in a second) I enjoyed a very rare, and I mean VERY RARE, night to myself without any kids or hubby.  What did I do with that time you ask?  I cleaned my house.  Fun.  It needed to be done and I had the time so I got off my lazy butt and did it.  To reward myself, I went and had dinner with my sister and girls.  Delish!  Then it was back home to me to watch my beloved Sooners lose and make yet another Christmas blanket gift.  This blanket was made for my niece Sailor.  Her favorite color is purple and what little girl doesn't like monkey's?  I thought it turned out cute!

I finished my new James Patterson book "NYPD Red" and shut out the light at midnight and slept 8 1/2 straight hours.  It was heaven!

Like I stated earlier the boys went camping with Daddy last night.  They have a friend that was turning 4 and his birthday was spent roasting hotdogs, roasting marshmellows, playing at a park, and sleeping in a tent with all their daddy's.  Will was supposed to be the only one going but Owen wanted to go so badly all week and just broke down when he realized that I was going to keep him home.  Steven, being the excellent Daddy that he is, said he would take them.  It got down to 29 degrees last night so I was thankful that he had the great idea of bringing extension cords and running them to his tent to hook up a space heater.  Thank you Jesus for heat!

Steven said they all had a great time and he really enjoyed the time with just his boys doing "manly things".  Don't know what that entails and don't think I will be asking.    

He said Owen held up pretty well, obeyed him, didn't run away, or fall in the fire.  Successful night as far as I'm concerned:)  I cracked up when I saw this picture though because I guess he just cuddled too close to brother, got too warm by the fire and guess what happened???  So funny!  Happy weekend everyone! 







No comments:

Post a Comment