Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monday Dinner Dates



 Every Monday night while Joe is deployed I have invited Angela and her girls over for dinner.  It is the one night of the week that I do not work, so it's the best night for me.  She's not picky...so Monday it was.  This Monday it was pretty out so after dinner we headed to the park.  

All the kids enjoy playing at our park in the neighborhood.  We have an awesome 10 acre park here complete with saltwater pool, basketball courts (big and small), sand volleyball courts, big swings, little swings, big slides, little slides, and a huge sand box.  The kids loved it!  

For dinner I made chicken pot pie.  Angela commented that she had never seen a pot pie actually be in the pie form.  I thought chicken pot pie always was in the shape of a pie.  Am I the confused one or her?  I also made a fruit salad.  To finish it all off I baked brownies topped with ice cream and whipped cream (that was my favorite part). 

I snapped a self portrait of every kiddo while we were at the park.  I think Emma's portrait was my favorite this week.  She is so pretty with her hair blowing in the breeze and those big brown eyes looking at me:)  

The night was a success with minimal fighting and tantrums.  All to finish up with bath time with my sweet boys.  Check out this cuteness.... 










1 comment:

  1. This one melted my heart! Oh those pics are incredible. How can I not play favorites with these guys ~ they are absolutely the best :-)

    ReplyDelete