Sunday, October 7, 2012

Will's First Race

 Saturday morning had finally arrived and Will was so excited about his first ever race.  I signed he and I up to run the Tulsa Zoo Run.  I run this race every year and really enjoy the scenery of all the animals as I run through the Zoo and the parks that surround it.  The time had come that Will had been asking me to run a race like Momma too.  I thought the Zoo Fun Run (1 mile) would be a good starting point for him.  Maybe next year he could do the 5K (3.1 miles) but I thought that might be a little much for his little 5 year old legs.  He was such a trooper.  He never stopped.  He ran the whole thing even when it started to rain on us.  42 degrees with a windchill of 38?  He didn't care.  He was running a race with his Momma.  He was over the moon.  At the end of the race he received his first race medal and he wore it proudly out the zoo.  Running out the zoo because of course he couldn't stand being late to his football game.  20 minutes later we pulled up to his football game where he ran those little legs harder and harder.  

I am so proud of my boy and I love that he is so interested in the things that I enjoy doing.  Hopefully one day we will have a little runner on our hands because this boy is pretty fast!  I'm not biased either.  He really is a sprinter!  Great job today Will Parker!  Momma is proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment