Monday, October 8, 2012

The Freezing Fair

 I love the fair.  I know that might seem strange since I don't consider myself really a "fair person", but I love watching all the people, the foods, the rides, and normally the nice fall weather.  Yesterday when we went to the fair it wasn't fall weather.  It was winter weather in October. Soooo cold.  I think the wind chill was around 35 by the time we left.  We only stayed 3 1/2 hours and I know we would have stayed longer had the temperatures and wind not been so cold.  The boys were hanging in there but every part of my body was frozen even with 2 shirts, a hoodie, a hat, jeans, thermal socks, and gloves.  I was not created for the cold.  Give me a crystal clear blue beach with white sand any day.  I WILL BE THERE!

You can't go to the fair without eating and eating we did!  For sure.  I think between all 5 of us we ate: 2 corndogs, funnel cake, nachos, beef fajita, chinese plate of food, a separate egg roll trip, bbq sandwich with beans and chips, an order of dippin dots (this was Will)...who would want ice cream in 35 degrees?  Throw in a few drinks here and there and $30 worth of ride tickets for the boys and we were out $80.  Thanks to Will's free ticket in, Kasey's 2 free adult tickets in, and Steven's military discount, all 5 of us got into the fair for a cool $6.  Can you believe that?  $6!  And we still spent $80 total. Fair prizes, geez!!


Much of our time was spent inside the warm buildings to unfreeze for a spell and some of our time was spent just watching all the crazy rides and even crazier people that ride them.  One ride we were eating dinner under and I had the thought, "if that person on the ride above us decides to throw up, we will be right in it's path."  Oh the fair, gotta love it! 












No comments:

Post a Comment