Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Steven!





 Today my husband turned 34 years old!  Yikes.  One more year till we can call ourselves mid-30's.  I don't know if I like the sound of that, but regardless, it is here.  Might as well deal with it.  

Yesterday he and I kicked off his birthday weekend with a kid-free (yes kid-free thanks to school) lunch at Cheddar's.  So yummy!  I love when he wears green because check out how green those eyes are.  Pretty handsome!!  

His mom and dad mailed him the funniest card today.  I seriously was laughing so hard at this card.  This is the front with the caption "awkward family photos".  Then you open up at the card and it says "sorry we couldn't be together on your birthday."  I am laughing just typing this.  I had to include it in his birthday blog:) 


 For lunch today (on his actual birthday) we went to Ted's.  Will was at school again but today we had Owen with us.  We went to Ted's because it's good food but also because Owen has been asking to see his "Aunt Tasey" so I knew she was working there today.  She told one of the other managers that today was Steven's birthday and we got the birthday hook up when they picked up the bill for our whole lunch!  We were not expecting that so that was awesome!

After lunch we headed over to Academy so Steven could spend some birthday money on a new pair of shoes and a hat.  We ended up getting him new shoes, a new golf hat, football eye stickers for Will, a new OU hat for me and a new OU football for the boys. Yes, we had to add some of our own money for all that, but a good chunk was covered thanks to Mom and Dad's gift to Steven for his birthday.  

While at Academy we were shopping the OU/OSU aisle.  I see Owen turn the corner to begin shopping another aisle.  I give him about 15 seconds then go to check on him.  I originally saw him like the picture on the left.  All covered up in this huge OSU hat.  OMG...I was laughing so hard.  Just his little body standing there with his arms folded just waiting for me to come find him.  After I showed him how to wear it the right way, he wanted to model for the camera.  You can see the new OU football we bought also that he is holding.  He is obviously confused as to which team to support!

After dinner at Ron's (no, we did not eat well today)...Steven and Will went to football practice.  Out for me and Owen.  I did not want to sit out there on top of a hill for one hour in 49 degrees for practice.  Owen and I came home to begin the party/cake festivities for Daddy.  The boys were both so happy to eat some cake and sing to Daddy.  They enjoy birthdays way more than we do, but for their sake we continue the singing/birthday cake because they wouldn't want it any other way.  As for Steven and I, I believe we would much rather just skip the cake and singing and go out on a date.  Oh, the time will come when that MAY BE able to happen again soon!

Happy birthday to my hubby and best friend and best Daddy there is out there!  We all love you very much.  Hope #34 is the best yet for you!





















No comments:

Post a Comment