Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

 This last Friday my dad had a birthday.  A 55th birthday.  He doesn't look a day over 52 I tell you!!!  

I started the morning off right with a a little 5:30 am pumpkin workout with 24 other insane women.  The only good thing was that it was dark the entire hour so no one could see my scary makeup less, in pain face!  Seriously though, I couldn't move my arms over my head for the entire weekend after that little workout.  Even today (Monday) I can still feel it in my abs.  I am probably just out of shape but you try hauling around a 15 pound pumpkin for a whole hour and tell me how you feel afterwards.  I had another friend there that weighed her pumpkin when she got home and it was 19 pounds.  Guess I won't complain about mine.  

Okay, but back to Friday and my dad's birthday! My dad is a great man.  Now, being a parent, I know when I fail my children but I can't remember a time where my dad has failed me, my sister, or my mom.  He loves us all un-condionally and never fails to impart useless knowledge (I mean wisdom) to us, hand out kisses and back breaking, boob smashing hugs, and painful high 5's.  

He loves my sister and I tremendously but now his heart is geared more toward his grandchildren.  That's okay.  We are grown and don't require his love quite like we used to.  I know he will always love me and I will always love him, but to see how much he loves those grandkids is sweet to watch.  It makes me excited about seeing my own grandchildren in a LONG LONG LONG time! 

Happy birthday Dad!  We all love you very much:) 






1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jacqueline. That was very sweet. I love you and your family more than life itself, and you know the same is true too with the Franco fam!

    ReplyDelete