Sunday, September 23, 2012

Be Safe Joe

 Today and Joe's departure day has finally come.  It was the day that we all knew was coming but just didn't want it to actually get here.  Joe has gone on many deployments to a lot of different places overseas.  This one is the longest one he has ever and will ever have to be on.  My sister doesn't want anyone to know exactly how long he will be gone (because she doesn't know everyone that reads this blog) but just know it is about 8 TIMES longer than his normal deployments.  

Angela and the girls did about as well as could be expected today.  There were lots of tears today but we all knew that would happen.  I can't say that I wouldn't be a blubbering mess if that were my husband leaving for Afghanistan as well.  I was a blubbering mess and that wasn't even my husband.


 Please keep Joe and his service men in your prayers while they are away.  He is not at the safest base or best location but we know he is protected by the blood of Jesus and will return to his family in due time.  Extra prayers for protection and strength for Angela and the girls are all welcome!  

Will was so precious when he saw Ava today.  She walked into my mom's house (and she was crying).  He walked right up to her, with tears in his eyes too, and said "Ava...you can borrow my daddy when you are sad."  Oh my.  That made me cry even more.  He is such a sweet boy that will make some VERY  blessed woman extremely happy one day.  

Thank you Joe for your service to our country.  Thank you Angela and girls for your sacrifice you will be making this entire time at home without a Daddy or Husband present.  Thank you service men and women all over the world that do this on a daily basis to protect our freedoms and our country.  We love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment