Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rt 66 Day

 I have been wanting to go to Pop's for awhile now in Arcadia, OK.  It's right on Rt 66 in a tiny town but I have heard a lot about it.  600 types of pop?  You can't go wrong!  The boys loved it, of course, and were amazed by how many bottles of pop could fit on one wall.  Me, on the other hand, was just waiting for Owen to drop one of the glass bottles on the concrete floor.  How many of these bottles was I gonna have to buy?  Amazingly, we only bought a 6 pack of different flavors and Owen (and Will) didn't drop any.  Phew!  

Next up it was off to the Big Round Barn. Also in Arcadia and also off Rt 66.  I mean, come on, it was interesting seeing a big barn that has been around for over 110 years in the state of Oklahoma. But, let's be real, that was really all there was to it.  Inside the barn was a "gift shop". I say "gift shop" because it really was just a glorified garage sale.  Not that I don't enjoy garage sale's but nothing I need to drive 1 1/2 hours to.  The boys liked it and thought the windows in the side were cool enough to put their heads through.  That was about it for them too!




 I do have to say that the inside of this barn was pretty impressive.  I mean, look at that ceiling.  That took some time!  Of course, Steven's first statement was "wow, that's really cool, but I see some hole's in their they didn't do right."
He finds the five tinnnyyy holes and draws attention to them.  


I also didn't realize how pretty and blue the sky was today.  Look at that beautiful sky over the barn.  Maybe it's just the contrast with the bright red barn, but that sky is gorgeous!

To end the day, some of our friends won a dinner for 10 to the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Tulsa, with a trolley ride to the restaurant and back to the radio station.  Since both of our families together tally up 10, they asked us if we wanted to go.  Yes please!  The boys had never been on a trolley ride before and loved it.  The food was great, the company was fun, and the meal was free.  What a great way to end a perfect day together as a family! 










No comments:

Post a Comment