Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday Kasey!

 Happy 30th birthday to my cousin Kasey!  She is actually in Seattle right now on a little birthday vacation but I thought I would send out a shout out birthday blog to her anyways!

Kasey is my cousin and my sons second cousin.  Second cousin is not a good enough title for Kasey since she is so involved in our lives.  She is "Aunt Kasey" to my boys and probably always will be.  Kasey is our go-to girl for camping, rafting, and outdoor activities.  River rafting sunburn=check.  Beach boogie boarding sunburn=pool.  Hanging out at the pool with me and boys sunburn=check.  

She is the only one of my friends and family...and when I say only, I MEAN ONLY one of my friends that will go with me to Discoverland to watch the play "Oklahoma" for the millionth time.  Summer in Oklahoma, hot, bugs, outside, 45 minutes away.  Yep, she'll go with me every time and never complain!!  

Kasey comes to all Will's games (or at least if she is not working).  Tball, she was there.  Flag football, I am sure she will be there when the games start in a few weeks.  She actually probably really enjoyed Will's Tball games a few years back because she got to see me wear orange for the first time ever.  Steven still wouldn't be caught dead in it, but since Will's team was the Cowboys, I thought I would go ahead and support.  Kasey is an OSU fan, so she loved that I am sure!!


Kasey is a great babysitter and my boys love her and her doggie Sadie Belle so much.  Look how little Owen is in this picture!  She has been watching them and helping us out as long as I can remember.  She loves them like her own and they in turn love her tremendously!  

Owen has a special place in her heart.  I know she loves Will and adores him too but maybe it's because she was in the hospital room with me moments after pushing little brother out.  She was there with her camera (that comes everywhere with Kasey) and was one of the first people to hold Owen.  She has been around since the very beginning with him and Owen knows no different.  There's Momma, Daddy, Will, and "Tasey" in his book:) 



I feed Kasey, she feeds us.  That's how it goes in this relationship.  Kasey works downtown at a restaurant called Daily Grill.  The boys love to eat there, visit Kasey, and disturb all the nicely dressed work people there for a quick bite to eat.  Oh well, when it's nice she snags us a table outside.  

Happy birthday to my wonderful cousin and friend.  I hope you have a great time on your trip and make lots of special memories!  The boys and I are so very thankful for you and all you do for them and our family.  We love you very much Kasey Lynn!!!  







No comments:

Post a Comment