Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Tale of Two Best Friends

 Most people only get to have one best friend their entire lives.  I have had one for most all of my life (going on 22 years or so).  That is so rare and I know this.  I realize this. I am so thankful for this.  How often can every one of your memories from junior high, high school, and MOST of college be with one person?  That one person is Andrea for me.  We have been through thick and thin, good times, bad times, happy times, sad times, and every thing in between together.  Even distance can't keep us apart (except for the actual miles) as I now classify Andrea as my "Kentucky Best Friend", because God had an even bigger surprise in store for me back a few years ago.  


Her name was Amanda.  Seriously, how lucky am I to get to call two wonderful women my best friends?  Amanda is now classified as my "Oklahoma Best Friend".  No, we do not have as many memories or times together as Andrea and I but no relationship is ever going to compare to that because Andrea and I will always be friends.  God sent someone special for me here in Oklahoma to help with the lonely times and the times when I need someone to hang out with, to vent, and to shoot the breeze with.  My running partner, my car pooler, my work buddy, my girls weekend buddy.  

Andrea loves fashion, designs fashion and ood's fashion.  I get dressed.  I like plaid, and apparently so does Amanda:)  We all three have boys.  We all three have our first born as sons.  We actually all three have so much in common that if Andrea lived in Oklahoma we would be unstoppable, unbeatable, and all three together all the time.  I just know it.  But, that will probably never happen.  I mean, who WANTS to move to Oklahoma...on purpose? 


I seriously love both these girls so much and am so thankful for them on a daily basis.  Sometimes for the same reasons, sometimes for different reasons, but always SO THANKFUL!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment