Monday, August 13, 2012

Camping Weekend

 Tents, no AC, no running water, hot temperatures...that is not the kind of girl I am.  Now, give me and air conditioned cabin with running water, a mini kitchen, and a shower and I am all good.  That is my version of camping.  The boys could rough it but I would not come along for the ride.  

This weekend was our annual (we've gone four times now) trip to MarVal in Gore, OK to go camping.  It couldn't have been better weather this weekend.  When we woke up Saturday morning it was 63 degrees and we were actually all chilly.  That's never happened to us before camping in OK in August!  The water in the river is always freezing since it comes from the bottom of the dam at Lake Tenkiller every day.  We're used to that.  Owen still enjoyed his first experience throwing rocks into the river.  Just watch out everyone around him...his aim is not that great yet:)

 Of course, being a Kueny boy they had to golf.  What's not fun about golfing at 8am in a severly under taking care of mini golf course?  Oh, the boys don't care!  They stand out there ready for action sporting their incredible farmer's tans!!  It's only a 9 hole course and I think throughout the day we played it 7 times.  We got our money's worth for the $1 a person rental fee!!

This year we painted ceramics.  This has been here and available to do every year but this is the first year I thought the boys would be able to handle it.  They really enjoyed it, and truth be told I really did too.  My painting took the longest.  Maybe because I'm too detailed, maybe because I'm slow...who knows?  They were all waiting around on me to be done though.  Can you guess who's artwork is each piece????  If you guessed (from left to right) Will, Me, Kasey, Owen...you would be correct!

 The boys had a great time finding this awesome tree on the camp site.  We have looked for him every year (I call him a him because I think the tree looks like an old man) but it has been hard to find him in the past because it is too far to walk around.  This year we splurged and rented a golf cart, so we found him on the first go around.  The boys thought he was awesome and wanted to crawl all around him.  He is a pretty cool tree in my opinion.  

We had a great time, as usual, and the boys made some great memories (hopefully).  Maybe next year the Summer won't be so brutal so we can actually roast a smore at night.  Dang Burn Ban!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment