Monday, July 9, 2012

Will's First BB Gun

 So, what to do on a day when it is raining?  Normally our Saturday morning routine (since Daddy is home) is to go to the pool.  That couldn't really happen this past Saturday.  So, to pass the the time Will started looking for Bigfoot all over our house.  This was his idea, of course, and only came to me to ask how to spell each place that he looked.  The places where he "found" Bigfoot were circled and starred by Will.  I know I am bias but I think he has pretty great handwriting for a 5 year old.  I taught some 7 year old's that didn't have as good as penmanship.  The next step is getting him to write a word also using lower case letters.  Or maybe, I will just be lazy and let his Kindergarten teacher teach him that:)  


As much fun as exploring the house looking for Bigfoot was (enter sarcasm here) it was time to go to Bass Pro.  The boys wanted to fish, but sadly for them the rain just wouldn't let up.  They "rode" the 4 wheelers and took lazy rides on the boats.  The most fun they had the whole day was the free crafts/shooting/and casting reel sections they had set up for the kiddos.  Will was super pumped about shooting his first BB gun.  Steven actually had to sign a safety waiver before he got shoot.  I thought that was funny.  He could barely even keep the gun on his shoulder, aim, and pull the trigger at the same time.  He did pretty well though.  I know you can't really tell from this picture but Will actually almost got the bulls eye on the first time.  His BB went in right below the bulls eye on the left hand side.  He was so very proud, as was I!!!  Great job Will!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment