Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Florida Part Two

 There were about 500 (not literally) pictures that I took of the beach, us at the beach, the boys, just us, the water, the sand, my feet in the sand, etc.  I am only going to show about 10 on this blog so be thankful:)  


Several days were spent at the beach.  In fact, I think we went every day at least for some time of the day.  We missed out on 2 full days because of rain.  I hate that about Florida that it does rain every day at some point.  I was expecting rain every day but 2 days it rained the WHOLE day.  Bummer.  Oh well, we got some good outlet shopping in on those days and the other day Steven took the boys back to the hotel where everyone took almost a 3 hour nap.  Much needed I guess!  


This is a picture of our private beach by our hotel.  Super nice!  I say "private" but there were still easily 500 people there on any given day:)  

This is a picture of Will stepping into the ocean for the very first time.  There was a storm that had just blown through which brought seaweed every time to the beach when that would happen.  We had to explain to  both boys what it was, that it wouldn't hurt them, and to just sit and play around it.  Those are not conversations that occur every day in land locked Oklahoma!





The boys had an awesome time seeing and touching and feeling the sand and waves for the first time in their lives.  In fact on Tuesday morning when we walked up to the beach for the first time, Owen said, "Ohhh, it's sooo pweetttyy."  Yes, son it is.  So pretty.  I could live here.  I could take the boys to the beach every day instead of the pool.  No problem whatsoever.




So everyone that reads this blog knows that I had a goal for myself to get into a bikini by the time we went to Florida.  I worked hard at a diet and exercise.  I ran A LOT.  I worked out with Insanity A LOT.  I am not totally "there" yet with feeling 100% comfortable in a two piece but I worked hard enough to feel as if I earned some courage to try on this vacation.  You will notice a few snapshots of me during these blogs in said two piece.  I didn't want to go crazy with pictures again, but there are a few.  For some that don't want to look...I don't blame you.  Just look at the pretty sand and water instead.



  





No comments:

Post a Comment