Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

 This fourth of July Owen was scared.  Totally freaked out and wanted nothing to do with fireworks or outside festivities. I remember when Will was like that too.  I think it was the summer he was 2 1/2.  Then he was totally fine and has loved them ever since.  Owen will hopefully be fine next year because I had to drive him to my parents house and hang out there for many hours just so he could avoid our neighborhood.  When I say war zone, I am totally NOT blowing it out of proportion (pun intended).  There is completely no reason to leave our neighborhood on the fourth.  Every street is trying to outdo the other streets and every house has something going on it seems in front or back.  It's pretty cool for the kids and I hope Owen will get to enjoy it next year.  


Before the parties this year the boys (and I mean Will and Steven) wanted to check out there fireworks collection.  Here the boys were making piles of all the cool things they were going to blow up later that night.  What was Owen's reaction in his own house where NOTHING was going to be lit?  I'll show you.  Yep, not a fan!
 Good thing I took my "baby" to his Nini and Pappy's house.  He had much more fun there and being able to have all of Nini's time and energy since he was the only grandchild there.  He wanted to go outside and play for a bit before all the fireworks started, but that didn't last long.  Not 10 seconds after he was laughing and smiling and talking to me, fireworks went off and we made our way inside.  We got a few good shots though to document this fourth for him before it got "too scawrey". 

Happy fourth of July to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment