Monday, July 2, 2012

Our Date at the Zoo

 Today Will decided on his date with Momma to go to the Tulsa Zoo.   Good thing, because I had 2 free admission tickets for him and his best buddy Mason thanks to the summer reading program from the library.  Oh, the boys were so stoked to be at the zoo.  Can't you tell from this picture?  I know they look THRILLED but it was actually because the sun was in their eyes and they could hardly look at the camera.  You can really tell their little personalities and watch them come out when you see the first exhibit we walked up to.  The chimp's.  Crazy monkey's...just like these two.  Here you will notice them attempting their monkey interpretations.


 Next, it was on to the sea lion show.  This is new to the zoo and both boys were super pumped about sitting in sun/shade, not a breeze in sight, and crowded to the gills to watch a 14 minute sea lion show.  Yes, I was excited too.  Can't you tell?  They enjoyed it and I guess that's all that matters.  No sea lion show would be complete without breaking into our lunches (it was only 10:45am) to snack while watching the 14 minute show.  I looked around and a TON of mom's were doing this, so I thought "What the heck. Let's do a mini lunch before lunch. What can it hurt?" After the uber awesome sea lion show we moved on to the train ride.  This is where they get ya folks.  Be prepared.  Both boys were free to get in, I was $8, and then tickets for train/horse ride thingy that I can't ride because it makes me want to puke was another $12.  More than my admission! Craziness.  I didn't want to walk the mile back up to the front of the zoo in 100 degrees so my brilliant idea to splurge on the train tickets paid off:)

 We finished the day like any other patron at the zoo (who doesn't care about germs) by invading the petting zoo area.  This even grosses me out some and that takes quite a bit to do.  Thankfully, they have a hand washing station right outside of the goat/donkey/rabbit area.  They also have this cool buggy thing.  If you look closely Will is clutching some imaginary reigns and "driving" him and Mason out of the petting zoo.  Don't ask me what Mason is doing.  I have not a clue....


Last special treat on this Monday Date Day was a trip to Cherry Berry after dinner with Momma, Daddy, and brother.  Will ate all of his creation.  Disgusting creation in my book of watermelon ice cream, cherries, mango bead balls, sour worms, marshmellows, and caramel sauce.  Doesn't sound too appealing to me, but he ate it all.  Healthy...not so much.  Hope he lives to see another Monday Date Day while eating such trash!


Hope everyone had just as awesome as a Monday as Mason, Will, and his Momma!





No comments:

Post a Comment