Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Will's Day at the Water Park

 Will and I went to a local water park yesterday for our date day.  We have an awesome saltwater, beach front entrance pool in our neighborhood but it is closed each Monday for cleaning.  That doesn't stop us.  I just found another pool for us to go to.  This place was amazing!  It had a baby section, a toddler/little kid section, a huge pool with beach entrance, and 4 adult/big kid slides.  I did the super fast spinning red one:)  


Will had a lot of fun even after we had to sit out and wait 30 minutes for the employees to clean out poop from the pool when someone's kid decided either a) to poop in his swimming suit because Mom forgot to put on a swim diaper! or b) to poop in the pool because he was having too much fun and didn't want to tell Mom he needed to go to the bathroom.  Nasty!  Anyway, we saw the lifeguards come and fish out the poop, add chemicals, and then we all had to wait.  I know several people would have left at this point, but I did actually see the stuff go in and new it had been cleaned throughougly with a net.  We hadn't even been there 2 hours yet when this happened and I didn't feel as if I had gotten all of my $9 worth yet:)  


Will was just a little too short to ride the big kid slides.  You had to be 48 inches and he measured in at 44 inches.  I knew he wasn't 4 foot tall yet, but was thinking the workers wouldn't be too strict about it.  Wrong.  They nailed him right away at entrance that he was too little.  It worked out fine though because after going down the slides myself, I totally think Will would have freaked out with how fast they were.  Maybe next summer???  Above you will see him riding his toddler slide.  He loved that thing and rode it over and over and over.  


Throughout the day he would take breaks to eat and snack.  Of course.  Swimming makes you hungry!  He was just a sweet boy and loved his time with me and Kasey and getting to swim his day away.  I enjoy moments like yesterday so much because I know they are quickly fading away.  


Case in point...Will got knocked over by a kid (that was too large for the area he was in) and he slid right into Will knocking him over in the water.  Will's knee started bleeding.  He was crying (just a little) and came to me to show me what happened.  I started to give him a kiss.  He stopped me and put his hand out and said, "No, Momma...you'll barrass me".  Oh my.  Break.My.Heart.  They are growing up too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment