Friday, October 3, 2014

The Sounds and Smells of Fall

 Attention People Watches Everywhere.  The Tulsa State Fair (or any fair for that matter) is where it's at!  Two reasons I love the fair:

1. People watching

2. Fair food

Those two things in itself are reason enough to go for me.  Now that the boys are getting older and not babies that we just push through in a stroller, the fair is becoming a much more expensive fall outing.  Still doable and still enjoyable but not nearly as cheap as it once was.  Once you factor all the foods like deep fried apple pie, bacon corn dogs, taffy, alligator sticks, donut hamburgers, indian tacos, fresh squeezed lemonade, and so on...it really does begin to add up financially.  I'm not confirming or denying that we ate any of none or all of the above listed foods:)

Another thing I love about Fall?  The smells.  The smells of fall candles.  The smell of pumpkin and cinnamon and dried leaves.  Crunchy leaves under your feet, leaves blowing in the breezes, the crisp air in the morning all around you.  I love all those things and look forward to them every season after enduring Oklahoma's hot and extreme summers.  Summers that continue many times into Fall.  Like Wednesday when we were at the fair on OCTOBER 1st and it was 92 degrees.  Something is wrong with that situation!

If you want the best fall candle out there than you need to hit up your local Anthropology store.  My friend, Faith, told me about this candle and it does NOT disappoint.  Man, I really love it!

My last thing I love about fall is the sounds.  The sound of football.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I am a girl that loves football.  Primarily college football but because I only birthed boys, the weekend NFL game on TV is usually okay with me too.  College football is my favorite though and I look forward to it all year.  I might, just might be, the only girl you know who downloads the ESPN college football app onto my phone so I can look at rankings, videos, and scores throughout the season.  Okay, Will uses that a lot too on my phone but I would be lying if I said I didn't look at it all the time too.  Like this morning...woke up to realize that number 2 Oregon went down last night to unranked Arizona.  That's awesome and just allows our OU team to keep on moving up.  Number 1 Florida State has already ALMOST lost a couple of times, so I am hoping they will do just that soon so we can continue to move.  The year 2000 and an OU National Championship was too long ago.  See, I told you I liked college football:)

Go enjoy your Fall today.  However that may be.  May everyone have a great and blessed weekend!














No comments:

Post a Comment