Thursday, October 9, 2014

Owen's First Field Trip

 For many years Owen has watched and waited.  He's waited for HIS turn to go on a field trip.  Owen and Will are 3 years apart and so many times Owen has been able to hear about the trips but he's never been able to attend one.  Until yesterday....

Oh man, this boy was excited. Super happy and joyful and ready to experience the farm, animals, pumpkins, and a picnic lunch (in fact he started asking me for lunch at 10:10am).  I mean, look at that face.  He was so thrilled that it was finally his turn to go on a trip.  

We went to Shepherd's Cross Farms out in Claremore. I honestly had never heard of this place before.  Talk about organized!  That is my kind of place.  They had cute little grandma's in their Fall/pumpkin vests on and little walkie talkies.  They would usher groups through 5-6 little stations at around 10 minutes each station.  It operated smoothly, the kids were amazing,and there were more parent volunteers than children.  That's a successful field trip!

I was thankful that Steven was able to go with us too.  I gave him about two weeks to plan for it and to be able to take a 1/2 day off so that he could go to a farm with Owen.  It's probably not something high up on his list that he wanted to do, but seeing as how Owen loves his "best friend Daddy" more than almost anyone else, I knew Steven would have to find a way to be there.  This is one benefit of owning your own businesses.  You can take off and make time for the things that are important to do.  With no questions asked...you are your own boss:)

I believe Will only gets one field trip all year and I am thinking Owen gets one more in the Spring.  I look forward to another adventure and memory making opportunity when I attend that trip as well.  So happy and blessed to be parents!  Thank you Jesus!








No comments:

Post a Comment