Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pleasant Valley Farms

 Every Fall we like to take the boys somewhere to a pumpkin patch.  Usually we go to the same one, Carmichaels, out in Bixby.  It's great and has always been the perfect fit for a family.  Last year I felt like the boys were outgrowing that place a little bit, or just bored with it since we go every year, and honestly pretty much the whole Tulsa area goes to that patch so I wanted to find somewhere new and fresh to take the kids this year.  

I spent some good time researching local patches.  There are SEVERAL.  For my local readers I found 3-4 highly popular choices:

1. Carmichael's (Bixby)
2. Pumpkin Town (Tulsa)
3. Livesay Farms (Porter)
4. Pleasant Valley Farms (Sand Springs)

Honestly, all of them were going to be a bit of a drive for us except for Pumpkin Town but I pretty much REFUSE to go there because of the high prices.  So, I did my research and PVF seemed to have many things my boys would enjoy (included an 18 hole mini golf course, hayride, petting zoo, corn maze, pumpkin bowling, and a pumpkin canon launcher) just to name a few.

I am not kidding when I say the hayride was almost 20 minutes.  Talk about getting your money's worth.  My kids loved it and we were almost the only family on the ride (as opposed to other patches where you have to wait in line for everything!).  The animals at this petting zoo were eager for food (again most other patches the animals are in a drunken fat stupor from all the food they have been getting).  I felt comfortable with my boys running a little ahead of me, or around, or behind...because I could see them at all times and didn't have to hold such a tight reign on them (okay on Owen) due to the entire population of Tulsa being there.  

Owen found animals just wandering around because this place is truly a farm.  Sheep, goats, and dogs just walk the farm/patch.  Imagine what delight my little animal lover had when he had the freedom to just love on and talk to animals as they passed.  He is truly an animal fanatic and I love that part of him.

I hope everyone enjoyed your Fall Break as much as we did.  One more month and then my boys will be off again for the WHOLE WEEK of Thanksgiving.  I am super excited they get a whole week compared to only 3 days.  Yeah for the small things!  

Have a great rest of the week everyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment