Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Birthday Celebration!

 October 19th was my Dad's birthday.  What a great time of year in Oklahoma to have a birthday.  Summer is too ungodly hot, spring has tornadoes and rain, Winter is unbearably cold and icy.  Fall?  Fall is usually pretty nice around these parts and I'm starting to like it more and more as I get older.  I love Summer and the freedom that comes with that season, but as far as weather, I am quickly becoming a Fall fan.  Okay, I digressed.  

We all gathered as a family of 10 and headed to University of Tulsa to take some family pictures.  It has been 3 years since all 10 of us took pics together and it was high time to try again. I say "try again" because pictures to my children are like pulling teeth out slowly and painfully.  When we have OUTSIDE pictures it's even worse because Outside Time is not to be wasted with silly dumb things such as cameras and smiling.  Outside time is for running, sliding, jumping, hiding, throwing, and swinging.  Those are just the things that Will and Owen did for an hour while we tried to corral them into smiling for 2 seconds.  More on that later when I get all the pictures in.  These two are just one's my friend, Melinda, sent me so I would have an updated picture to post of me and my Pops on his big day.  I think they turned out awesome!

My dad's favorite cookie is peanut butter so I woke up early that morning and found this super easy recipe for making such cookies.  4 ingredients and they were AMAZING.  Maybe it's just because I don't eat a lot of sweets anymore (because I've never really fancied myself as a peanut butter cookie fan) but I devoured these things.  He liked them too so that's all that really mattered that day!

In closing, I think we might have a budding little photographer on our hands.  After our family photo session at TU was over our family started throwing around a football (of course, why not?) and Owen wanted to take our picture.  He snapped this while we were sitting there waiting for him to actually snap a picture.  I think he might have some talent! 







No comments:

Post a Comment