Thursday, September 18, 2014

Picasso I Am NOT

 So, on my last day in the Bluegrass state I told Andrea I wanted to try that Pinot's Pallet place.  Okay, let me clarify a few things first before I move on with this blog: 

1.  I don't draw
2. I don't paint
3. I'm not creative
4. I'm not crafty
5. I can barely draw a stick figure
6. I don't like wine

All those listed things might be reason not to try this fun and exciting girls night adventure.  Remember my blog a few days back about adventure?  I'm not usually too into it.  I wanted to try this adventure though.  I see people post their paintings and all the fun they have at this place and I knew I just had to put aside my insecurities and try it out.  Of course, Andrea's painting blew mine out of the water but just the fact that I was able to finish it and it "somewhat" looked like what the finished product was supposed to look like was a win-win for me.  

Note Picasso hard at work on her masterpiece.  She even had the picture blown up on her cell phone so she could look at it more in detail to make her painting the best it could be.  Me, on the other hand, was done with every step way before Andrea and only looked at my phone once to see the picture because it stressed me out too much to try and attempt to make mine perfect.  This was supposed to be a fun night, right?!  Look at this!  If the night could have stopped right here (2 steps in), I would have walked away a true artist.  I followed those 2 steps to a T.  Then after that, I sort of faded off.....

It was pretty amazing though to see about 50 different men and women who were all painting the EXACT same painting.  There were not 2 alike in the whole place.  It's crazy how people's minds and bodies work together to get 50 differing views of one piece of artwork.  Oh well, try not to look too closely at my "Picasso" but rather look at the joy on our faces from getting to spend a night together:)  

As crazy as this sounds I really had a great time and, believe it or not, have already set up another girls night next week at our local Pinot's Palette with my mom, sister, and friend.  More on that blog to come.  Until then...go make a Picasso of your own today!






No comments:

Post a Comment