Friday, September 5, 2014

My Three Sons


 If you've known me for any length of time than you know that I am surrounded by boys.  Big boys, little boys, small boys, loud boys, quiet boys, and fluffy boys.  I am the ONLY girl in all this craziness and I am beginning to get used to it after almost 8 years of being a parent.  See, I now have THREE boys.  You might be confused now.  Let me introduce you to my 3 sons. 

Will's first up: Born November 27, 2006.  He is almost 8.  He turns 8 on Thanksgiving day this year (as he also did on his 2nd birthday but he doesn't really remember that one).  Will is my sport loving, quiet, typical first born, ruler follower, diligent, obedient, gentle, loving child.  He loves ALL THINGS sports but pretty much caps it at: football, baseball, basketball, and golf.  I really long for the day that he picks just 1-2 and gets really awesome at those so he can go to college for free or seriously discounted.  I digress...

Owen is second up: Born July 21, 2009.  This sweet boy turned 5 over the summer and has been the loudest, typical last born, crazy, funny, loving, sweet and tender hearted, brave, spunky, animated, confident, and sometimes OVERLY confident child to this family.  He is the funny in Will's serious.  He is the energetic to Will's chill.  I think you're getting the point that our children are totally different.   Life without Owen would sure be dull sometimes.  There would be far less noise and laughter.  For all this craziness and joy that he brings to our family, it is all worth it.

Norman is third up: Born February 27, 2014.  This baby is our 6 month old third son.  Never, and I repeat NEVER did I believe I would own a dog.  Cat?  Fish?  Bird?  Maybe, but NEVER a dog.  Then.....I gave birth to Owen.  This child is the next Steve Irwin with his love of animals.  To the extreme.  He loves and adores all animals but specifically dogs.  So, that is the short version of how Norman came into our family.  I now have a human pint of energy in the form of Owen and an animal pint of energy in the form of our Morkie, Norman.  Norman has also brought much joy to this family only if it's from Will and Owen.  I'm okay with that.  Seeing their faces light up after a long day of school when they see their doggie makes it a win-win for me even if having a 7 pound dog is like another child.  A third child and another boy....I'm due a girl at some point right?  Please don't answer that....






No comments:

Post a Comment