Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I Knew What I was Getting Myself Into

 The first time you hear, "It's a boy" you think balls, sports, dirt, and noise.  The second time you hear, "It's another boy", you think  that's A LOT of balls, sports, dirt, and noise.  I really wouldn't want it any other way in our household.  Sure, I've dreamed of a little girl and I love to borrow my nieces when I want some girl time but I am so used to sports, balls, dirt, and noise around here that I would terribly miss it if no boys were in my household.  

So, along those lines I find my days, nights, and weekends at baseball fields, football fields, practice fields, backyard kickball/soccer/football/trampoline/mud pie tournaments.  This is where our family spends our free time in the evenings.  Fall is an awesome time to do such things.  It's not too hot, it's not too cold and most nights (football nights excluded) we are outside for 1-2 hours before it's time for baths and bed.  This is my life, and YES I knew what I was getting into allowing my boys to sign up for every sport known to man.  Their Daddy was like that, and still is, so how could I really say no?  

The boys have met some of their best friends at these ball parks.  They play all sports together, grow as a team and an individual, learn valuable life lessons, and meet new people in each and every sport they do.  

Needless to say, this week's "Spirit Week" at school has been pretty easy so far.  Monday was "Sports Day" and Tuesday was "Dynamic Duo" day.  Like I said...simple! 

Now...Wednesday might be a little harder.  It's 70, 80, 90's day.  That's difficult with boys.  I'm thinking on it though.  Right now I'm stuck in 1989 with up turned collars and french rolled jeans.  Who knows if they will actually allow me to dress them like that tomorrow though.  Stay tuned...it's still a work in progress!








No comments:

Post a Comment