Monday, September 15, 2014

A New Adventure

 A lot of people I know love adventure.  They CRAVE adventure and want to experience new life decisions and choices all the time.  Call me boring, but I am pretty content where I am in my life.  I am happy and I am secure and I do like adventure but it doesn't have to be something that is an everyday, or even an every year, kind of thing.  Well, we are about to embark on one of our Biggest adventures since being married over 14 years ago.....

We bought 1.1 acres to build our "dream home", "lifetime home", "home that we never want to leave home".  (You may call it whatever you wish.  Let me clarify here...I am not saying we will NEVER move from this home but this is where we want to raise our boys for the next 15 or so years.  We don't want to move again until they are both graduated from high school.  Then, we can rethink things.  We might still be there on that dream lot.  We might not.  That's a long way down the road.  

All I can say for 100% certainty is that this is going to be a mighty adventure friends.  1.1 acres up on a beautiful piece of land in Owasso.  This lot overlooks the back of the Catoosa hills and partly the Port of Catoosa.  You can hear tug boats pulling into the port.  There's a slight breeze 24/7 due to the direction of the lot and the fact that you are on a hill.  There is room for a pool (one day) and room for many a football, kickball, soccer game in the backyard.  It is everything we have been wanting and praying for for over a year now.  God has provided and we are super thankful.  

The building process will not actually begin until sometime in 2015.  We MUST sell one, or both, of our current flip houses before embarking on this journey.  

Right now our lot will continue to just look like this for awhile.  Who cares though?  It's ours and that's all that matters at this point in the game.  Hopefully, I can say that a year from now too when I am about to pull my hair out during the decision making process of building and designing our own home.  Oh, did I forget to mention that?  Yes, Steven and I will be building and designing this home ALL BY OURSELVES.  Lord have mercy!  6321 N Ridgeview Rd in Owasso OK.  Make plans to visit now:) 





No comments:

Post a Comment