Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Leaf Blob

 As crazy as it sounds I signed myself (and three other crazies) up for ANOTHER round of Pinot's Pallet.  Somehow I thought the second go around I would be better at this.  I thought that my creative gene must and will kick in.  I thought my painting would be hangable.  Again...I was WRONG on all accounts.  My painting was the worst of the group and quite possibly the whole class but I'm okay with that.  I am beginning to deal internally with my lack of creative gene.  I have other good genes that I have been blessed with but apparently my own mother has the creative gene that she never passed down to me.  Her painting was awesome and I already told her that if she doesn't want to hang it, I totally will in my next house (those are sort of the colors I am going with in our next and last house).  

I'm thankful that these three super busy ladies took the time out of their schedules for us to all get some girl time.  I know it's a busy world out there and even if you don't really enjoy what you're doing (Melinda) it's still very important to mom's to get out there and do something away from the family and kids every once and awhile.  I don't think any of these girls would go back again with me, but I guess I am a sucker for punishment because even though I am willingly terrible at this I still enjoy it.  What's wrong with me?  I still would REALLY like bringing my husband here and getting put to shame with his artwork.  I think that would be an extremely fun date night.  Did I mention this place is right next door to In the Raw?  Yes, fun date night indeed!

Okay, now I present to you my "artwork" (if it can even be called that).  Notice all the others look similar in their design, shape, and color of the flowers and branches.  Then....you have mine.  My branch with blobs of leaves on them.  Blobs.  Good call Jackie.  Mine won't be displayed but if either Mom, Melissa, or Melinda let me have theirs I would proudly display it on my wall in my new home.  I will even acknowledge that I was not the artist!!!  Thanks for going with me girls.  I had a great time!







No comments:

Post a Comment