Monday, September 29, 2014

1 Snake, 2 Snake....

 Okay so, I might be a boy mom.  I might be used to dirt, noise, balls, sports, wrestling, and all things action figure.  Something I still don't like?  SNAKES.  Like, can't stand them.  Even if I am looking at them across a pond and safely standing on a path not even near the slimy thing, I can still say with 100% certainty that I do not like snakes.  So, imagine my "pure joy" when the group of 6 Lincoln boys and our parent chaperones found NOT ONE but TWO snakes on our path through Oxley Nature Center.  I was pretty proud of myself for not throwing myself on the ground and wailing, or running away screaming with my hands in the air, or shrieking like a girl.  I wanted to do all of those things.  All of those things all at one time, but I held it together for the sake of the boys (and so I wouldn't look too much like a weenie in front of 6 boys).  The list was ever growing of the items, alive and dead, that we found on those trails.  The highlight of the day?  The snakes.  Oh my gracious.  Boys.  

But, I am ever so thankful I got to spend some time with this boy.  My almost 8 year old on our first field trip together as a Lincoln Christian student and parent.  So proud of him for his character and willingness to work hard academically and with sports on and off the field.  I couldn't be prouder.  I love him snake lover and all:)





No comments:

Post a Comment