Friday, September 26, 2014

I Saw Bob Stoops!

 So, before you are tempted to skip ahead and see the wonderful picture I snapped of Bob Stoops...don't worry he's in this post.  Just not in the form you might think of him as:)  

Wednesday and Thursday rounded out Spirit Week for my boys this week as Friday Will is going on a field trip and has to wear his uniform (which just reminded me it is still sitting in the washer waiting to be transferred to the dryer.  Please hold).  

Okay, I'm back.  Now, Wednesday was 80's day.  Not too easy with boys.  I can't throw on some neon and crimp their hair with banana clips.  I figured out that all they would really allow me to do is upturned collars, bad hair, and french rolled jeans (which Owen wanted no part of).  By the time I picked them up after school the rolls had fallen out of the jeans, the collars were back down, and their hair still looked bad.  So overall, it just looked like a normal day:)

Thursday was the day we got to see BOB STOOPS.  See, I told you it was in this story somewhere.  Thursday was dress as your favorite coach or teacher day.  Again, the boys have ONLY had female teachers and I wasn't about to put my boys in a dress or skirt so they decided they wanted to dress like Bob Stoops.  Most of the items we already had in our possession so after a quick trip to Academy to score some $7 visors and $2 whistles, they were set!

We got to school and Will spotted one of his best friends, Gavin.  Gavin was Gundy the head coach from OSU.  Best friends and coaches can still be friendly on Spirit Day right?  Oh, they got a kick out of each other and their outfits.  These two love to be together and hang out.  Kind of like their little brothers.  Just two little siblings who find ways to entertain each other after school with a little game of "what do you think's down there?  I heard sharks live in there?  No, I don't think so but I'm pretty sure alligators do."  This was seriously their conversation as they were laying full out in the street with hands and mouths all over the storm drain.  It's a good thing I'm a boy mom.....






No comments:

Post a Comment