Tuesday, September 16, 2014

He's A Great Daddy

What were Daddy's exact words while I was gone to Kentucky over the weekend? "While Momma's away, the boys will play!"  

Play did they ever.  Just in the few days that I was gone Steven was able to squeeze in: 2 days of school, football practice, Dolphin Tale 2 movie, dinner at Texas Roadhouse, a football game out of our town, a swimming pool birthday party, an OU football party complete with 3 families (that I was unaware that was going down in our house while I was gone), a double header baseball game, and many other little tiny things throughout the weekend.  

Parenthood is 50/50 or both people giving 100/100 (however you want to look at it).  Steven gets to do his fair share of time away with trips.  That's when I step up.  I love how when it's finally my time to go somewhere for a few days he steps up with no complaining.  I know he gets tired as he is not used to being full time worker, mom, and dad all at the same time.  I am grateful for a husband that goes above and beyond while Momma is away.  

The boys were spent by the time I got home on Sunday.  Which only proves to me that Steven did a pretty fine job while I was gone.

That means I can leave more.  Right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment