Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Franco's Try Camping...(Try)

 Like I said, we go camping every summer.  Sometimes, twice a summer.  We have been to Gore OK at MarVal Resort since the summer Will was 9 months old.  I can remember him taking some of his first steps in a cabin at MarVal.  Some special memories have been made here:)  

I am not TOTALLY a camping girl but I can for sure handle 2-3 days. Not in a tent, mind you, but in a full fledged cabin with electricity, plumbing, and AC.  Call it "Glamping" if you will, but I still consider it camping:)

MarVal is located right at the base of Lake Tenkiller near the dam.  The Illinois River runs right through the campsite.  It's perfect for trout fishing seeing as how the water is about 55 degrees no matter the time of year.  Totally, 100% freezing for swimming but even in 85 degrees I see some loonies out there doing just that.  I prefer to stay safely in my raft and not fall out.  The Franco's like to fall out but I won't divulge too much of that story as to not embarrass them. Let's just say I was safely on the riverbank watching them "raft" and was cracking up.  Like seriously laughing.  They weren't laughing.  The end.  They felt that 55 degrees....just sayin'.

I love making memories with my family.  Extended family, immediate family.  It doesn't matter.  Even if the Franco's didn't enjoy camping to the level the Kueny's did, I am still glad they went and hope they go again.  Although, I do recall Angela calling it a "one and done thing".  That doesn't bode well for next Summer....

Oh well, this family of 4 will be coming back.  Thanks for another summer of memories MarVal.  We will be back in August for round 2!









No comments:

Post a Comment