Monday, June 16, 2014

A Tale of Two Men

 There once was a man who helped create me, love me, take care of me, protect me, provide for me, encourage and support me, and mold me to be the woman I am today.  I call that man my Dad.  My boys call him their Pappy, my husband calls him Dad as well.  

My dad is an extremely hard worker.  Has always been and I expect him to be until the age that he passes onto Heaven.  He's loud, he laughs at his own jokes, he loves music, he loves my mom in skinny jeans, he loves OU football, and has fond memories of growing up in Kansas City and eating BBQ pretty much anywhere in that city.  He loves his grandkids and spoils them WAY more than he spoiled my sister and me.  

More than anything he did for me (and that was a lot) he taught us what kind of man was deserving of his two daughters.  I wanted someone that had some of the same attributes my dad had.  I wanted a hard worker, an awesome provider, someone with emotional stability, a faithful husband and father, and a Christ follower.  I got all that and more when I married Steven and then 7 1/2 years later when we welcomed our first son into the world.

Steven is an amazing husband and father.  The boys love him and want to play with him on a daily basis.  One more than the other but they both do love him unconditionally:)  His name is not Daddy to Owen, but rather, Best Friend Daddy.  He seriously calls him that all the time and it melts our hearts.  His love for his father is beyond anything I am sure Steven could have ever wished for himself.  

It puts into perspective all the time my dad has told me he loves me.  Now, I REALLY know what that means and as a human I don't know that you can FULLY understand that until you have children of your own.  

Thank you to these two amazing men in my life.  I couldn't live my life without them and would never want to.

Happy Father's Day 2014!














No comments:

Post a Comment