Friday, June 27, 2014

I See Sharks!

 Every Summer I usually take the boys to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks.  I always wait to take them because that place is extremely expensive!  Thankfully, they had earned their free summer coupons from the reading program so we went today.  That saved me about $24 on just the kid entry.  I still had to pay $17 just to walk in the door for 1 1/2 hours.  Oh well, the kids loved it. One child in particular who is an animal lover to the core.  Loves all kinds of animals..big, small, living, dead, in water, out of water, in air, or in the sand.  He loves them all.  

Once you gain entry into the Aquarium you are led into an area where there are snapping turtles.   They attempt (and it works) to rip you off even more by charging you $2 for 3 TINY strips of carrots.  That's $4 for carrots that are so small you can barely hold onto them in your fingers.  It led to this happy face, so I guess it was worth it:)

All morning Owen was telling me how he was "gonna be so brave!" when he saw the sharks this year.  Last summer, even though the beasts were safely intheir tanks, Owen was still a bit apprehensive about them.  I mean these things are massive and they are literally swimming right beside and over you the whole time.  I think it's the coolest thing about this place.  This morning, he was brave.  He walked right into the tunnels and proclaimed to everyone that had ears within 1000 feet that "I see sharks!  And I'm not scared!"  

Something I hope we don't see in Florida?  This creature!  Jellyfish look and move so amazingly but I don't want to see one of them in 3 weeks.  Nor a shark in 3 weeks.  This momma will be running or swimming fast, and I do mean FAST to get away from those bad boys.  Both of those creatures can stay safely confined to the Jenks Aquarium in my mind!  

3 weeks till Florida.  A.M.E.N.











No comments:

Post a Comment