Saturday, June 28, 2014

24 Years

 Both my husband and I graduated from a small, VERY SMALL, private school in Norman Ok.  So small, that just the 4 of us in this story were 1/8 of our graduating class:)  That makes Steven and I's relationship to these other 2 people even more special.  I mean, seriously, how many times in a person's life can you say you have known them since the age of 11, still be friends to this present day, and only be 35 years old yourself.  That means, we have known these 2 souls longer in our lives than we have not known them.  It's so bazaar when you really stop to think of it.  My high school years were not all warm and fuzzy (even though I think I enjoyed it the most out of these 4 people) but I will be forever thankful to that school for bringing us all together!  

Chris has been in Tulsa this week for some training for his new job.  He was without transportation so I picked him up last night in my hot Buick.  We rolled through the town of Jenks like we owned that place:)  All of us hit up Los Cabos on the River in Jenks.  It was an awesome night with light breezes and not too hot for a late June night.  Live music was playing, kids were laughing, hot waitresses were walking by (I will refrain my comments about how "someone" at the table should only have been looking at me), and great food and drinks were being consumed.  The only thing missing was her smiling face.  It just doesn't feel right to have a date night without the 4th person.  Hopefully sometime soon we can all get back together.  We always have so many laughs and fun times together.

Today I am thankful for 3 people that I have known for 24 years of my life.  What are you thankful for?





No comments:

Post a Comment