Saturday, April 5, 2014

Our Weekend

 Like most people whom live full lives complete with children, work, and errands I bet your weekends are pretty jam packed.  What? No?  That's just us?  Can't be!  

This weekend our pastor talked about having a "Sixth Day" job.  Something that can better improve your life financially so you can freely bless others and live the life God wants for you.  I have been so thankful over the last year for house flipping.  Is it stressful?  Yes!  Overall though I very much enjoy it and find it a great avenue for us to spend extra time doing something that greatly benefits us financially.  

Friday we began our weekend with closing on house #3.  Completely finished and SOLD and done with.  #4 and 5 are still in the "construction" zone and will not be ready for another 4-8 weeks.  This house is done and sold and among a few other things, the sale of ONE HOUSE will allow our boys to go to private school for an entire school year.  Baby steps folks, but the first year is paid for and we are beyond blessed.


 To celebrate on Friday night we went to Cracker Barrel.  Yes, we are "that" wild:)  Honestly, I just didn't feel like cooking and we had a little extra dough so off to CB we went.  The boys had never been and boy were they in Heaven.  They loved that place!  What's NOT to love in my book?  I left there and verbally told anyone who would listen that "I would eat hash brown casserole every day of my life."  I seriously mean that. 

Good thing I ran today because I pigged out last night.  Speaking of running...it is T-22 days until the OKC Marathon.  This training has been way easier on me physically, mentally, and stress wise.  It's not easy, but nothing this demanding (time and body wise) is easy.  I am again thankful for the girls God has thrown into my life to aid and help me along this journey.  I have met many awesome ladies through running and even though I never thought I would do another long race, I am very much looking forward to April 27th.  More specifically, April 27th at about 8:30am when we will be completed:)  Doesn't that look like a fun bunch of girls to run 10 miles with on a Saturday afternoon?  I think so!  

Now...I think I deserve some more hash brown casserole.  Anyone?  Anyone at all.....?


No comments:

Post a Comment