Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mr Gavin and His Heart

 Saturday morning we had the opportunity to participate in the Oklahoma Heart Association's Heart Walk.  

Many of you know Gavin's (one of Will's best friends) story.  Many of you probably don't know his story.  Long story short...he was born with half a heart.  This little boy is Will's age and has gone through (and still does) more than any child or adult should ever have to handle.  He is happy, tough, strong, and the sweetest little boy ever and his parents and family handle everything with an amazing spirit and attitude.  I don't know how they do half the things they do and keep up that spirit but they do and I am so thankful to call them our friends.

Many of Gavin's teachers, friends from school, friends from baseball, family, and friends came together on a windy Saturday morning to Walk for Gavin.  We all wore shirts with Gavin's face on them that proudly stated "I Walk for Gavin".  I was so thankful to be a part of such a wonderful thing this morning and that my boys got to experience it. 



 My favorite quote of the day came from Will who quietly told me, "I wish Gavin didn't have a broken heart (that's how he thinks of it) but the Heart Walk was very fun!"



No comments:

Post a Comment