Saturday, April 19, 2014

My 35th (Gasp!)

 Yesterday was my 35th birthday.  I can't say I really enjoyed the number of this one.  Saying mid 30's is really just the peak before I start the downhill plunge to 40.  Oh well, I feel great.  I believe that mentally, spiritually, and physically I am in the best shape of my life so I guess being 35 isn't too bad.  Amazingly enough, I didn't have much trouble turning 30 (which I know this birthday is hard for a lot of people).  At 30, I was pregnant with Owen and having a really great pregnancy.  I felt good, hey I was young enough to have a baby right?  30's not bad?!!  

I was pregnant with this little guy who is now almost 5.  He will turn 5 this summer and still keeps me on my toes each and every day.  He makes me laugh more than anyone and has a very special place in his heart for his daddy.  Oh, he loves me too. But NO ONE compares to "best friend daddy".  I love it, Steven LOVES it and we wouldn't change our O Man for anything!

Something I would have changed for my birthday?  Maybe NOT choosing this day to run 12 miles?  Yeah, that would've been a good idea!  It's okay though because next weekend is the OKC Marathon and last night was officially our LAST long run before the race.  I will be extremely thankful to have this race behind me and cross that finish line.  I am ready to have my weekends back and not have to think of them as "when am I gonna be able to run" weekends.  

I am uber thankful for this group of girls that has gotten me through this set of training.  I really enjoy running with others because if I were alone I would be tempted to quit with each additional mile.  These girls encourage me, never quit either, show up on time, and give it their all.  Last night we had an awesome time of 12 miles in 1 hr 50 minutes.  I am pumped to "maybe" be able to reach my goal of a Half Marathon in 2 hours.  My first half was completed in 2:14 and honestly for my first half and for it being 12 DEGREES outside I was really happy with that one. 

Thank you to everyone, friend and family included, that made my birthday so special and memorable.  Thank you, Jesus, for the perfect day you gave me yesterday.  Not too many of my birthdays in April are sunny and not rainy so when I do have one I appreciate it even more.  

Here's to 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment