Monday, April 7, 2014

A Double Date

 Yesterday Steven and I decided to take each boy on a date.  Even though we only have two kids it is sometimes hard to just do one on one things with them with all the hustle and bustle of life.  Cue...Captain America.  Cue...any super hero for that matter.  Owen and Daddy love them all.  Owen knows hardly any letters beyond O-W-E-N and W-I-L-L, but ask that child about a superhero?  Get ready to hear it ALL.  He knows every one, their power, their colors, their enemies.  It's crazy.  So, my 4 year old took his Daddy to see Captain America and sat through the whole 2 hour and 20 minute movie and then cried when it was over because he wanted to see it again:)

Will was not interested at all in going to see a superhero movie.  Yet, ANOTHER way our boys are different.  He could care less about them and doesn't enjoy action movies in any form.  He wanted to take me to lunch.  He choose Chili's because that's where we went last time on a date almost a year ago.  He thinks I love it since we went there last time and wanted to make me happy so he picked there again.  Such a sweet boy.  I could have cared less where we went but it spoke volumes to me about why he picked that place.  

Will and I followed lunch up with 2 hours in Barnes and Noble.  This child is after my heart.  He loves to read and browse and drink coffee.  He's only 7 but the love is there and I couldn't be more happy about it;)  

We had a great weekend and hope you all did too!



No comments:

Post a Comment