Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bricktown Fun

 Boy howdy, these legs were tired on Sunday and Monday.  Plum worn out to the bone.  Worked hard and feeling it.  I could go on but I think you get the picture.  

Melinda and I had planned way far in advance to schedule our husbands to take over the boys (we have 5 of them) and for our little tired legs (and the rest of our bodies) to hang out in OKC after the race.  We got a hotel room in Bricktown and decided we deserved some R and R after our Marathon completion.

The night was filled with coffee, laughter, a short 45 minute nap, finally an awesome shower, a hot tub soak for those sore legs, dinner at Toby Keith's, and an extremely funny girl movie called "The Other Woman".  

We went to bed late (after being up for 20 hours) and slept in late the next morning.  That felt amazing!  Breakfast was at IHOP where we continued to stuff in the calories we had burned off the day before.

I am so thankful for our husbands who willingly allowed us 24 hours away to recoup.  I am even more thankful for an amazing woman like Melinda who trained and ran with me (even when she originally didn't want to).  She beat me in time for the race and I TOTALLY fine with that because I really feel like I did the best race for me that I could possibly do.  

Thanks Melinda for an awesome Sunday/Monday.  I hope to do it again but this time maybe I will just be standing on the sidelines cheering for you.  You gotta get that 1:59 right??!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment