Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Summer Makes Me Happy

I can remember summer as a child. As a child I viewed summer as playtime. Late nights, late mornings, swimming, playing with friends, and watermelon outside with sweet juice dripping down my chin.  For my boys, I want to give them these same memories.  And let me be honest with you, I enjoy summer now (as a parent) I think even more than I did when I was a child.  I love the freedom summer brings.  I love the "no schedule" and the "let's stay up late and sleep in in the morning."  I love it all.  Mostly, I love the memories my children are now making of THEIR summers.  I love that they play with each other all day long with mostly no fighting.  I love play dates at the pool, and nights filled with trampoline jumping and baseball playing (I am a pretty good pitcher).  

This summer only has around 6 weeks left and that makes me sad.  I am probably even more sad about that fact than my children are (well, Will for sure) because they both have mentioned how much they miss their school friends.  I will miss my boys something fierce once school starts up again.  It normally takes me about a month to get used to the quietness that school time brings.  I will get used to it again, I am sure, but for now I will enjoy the crazy and the loud and the hot because I know in 6 more weeks it will all be over.  

In 6 more weeks I will be able to spend WAY more time dwelling on decisions like barn doors, floor plans, pool design, and dinner table options.  Dinner tables such as this...Isn't this a beauty?  Not sure if that is totally the way I want to go because I was thinking round but I still really like this one.  In 6 weeks, I'll make my decision... 

Until then...I will play baseball and cool off at the pool while eating a cobbler that I made from fresh berries we picked earlier that morning.  Summer time happiness...



No comments:

Post a Comment