Monday, June 15, 2015

It's Been Too Long

 This past weekend my Mom and I traveled the 3 hours down to Ardmore.  I can't remember the last time I have been in this city.  It's been way too long.  See, I don't really care for the city (although it DOES have a Starbucks and a Chick Fil A) but it's the people in this city that I love and miss.  My mom has family that live here and that we just don't get to 
see as much as we all would like.  


Mom has 2 sisters.  One lives local and the other (her picture is above) lives in Tucson, AZ.  This past weekend my Aunt Debbie's grandson turned 16.  So, my cousin planned a party for her son turning 16 and we are secretly surprised him with the fact that we all were coming.  My mom and I drove from Tulsa, my aunt and uncle and cousin drove 16 hours from Tucson, and my other cousin and her family drove 6 hours from San Antonio.  We all gathered at the birthday boy's house where my cousin had rented a HUGE double inflatable water slide that all the kids (and some adults) played on for hours.  The only thing that stopped them was a few storms that rolled through a few times.  


My cousins husband smoked out all kinds of meat from pulled pork, brisket, hamburgers, hot dogs, and many more foods that he had been working on for days for this occasion.  I ate till my hearts content because it was all so yummy.  I did bring my running shoes and clothes and threw them on later on and busted out 4 miles before driving back to our hotel to soak in the hot tub.  That was relaxing but I believe my eyes are STILL burning from all that chlorine!  

I had so much fun and enjoyed getting to spend some time with my family that I don't get to see enough.  I hope it's not too long until we are all together again.  Happy 16th birthday Jordan!  You are a great boy/young man and I am so happy I got to spend some time with you on your special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment