Monday, June 1, 2015

Off to A Good Start

Our summer has officially begun over here and I could not be more excited about that!  I love the freedom of summer.  I love the no homework, no lunch packing, no uniform washing, and the hassle free hours that come during the evenings now.  I love how the sun doesn't go down till 9 and how the boys sleep until 8.  I.LOVE.SUMMER


So far this summer though it has been unusually rainy and chilly.  It is now June 1st as I type this and we have not been to the pool once.  Not ONCE!  For me, that is huge.  We are normally a go to the pool everyday family.  This summer I have been, so far, wearing jeans and sometimes a long sleeve shirt if we can even get out at all because of rain.  

Our first summer activity over Memorial Day was to take Will mini golfing and to the arcade for earning another round of marbles.  Normally when we mini golf (well, every time actually) we walk right by the arcade and tell the boys "not today".  Well, last Monday was Will's day.  He got to play all the games he wanted as many times as our money limit would let him. His favorite game of that afternoon was the billiards.  Yep, pool.  Yet, another sport he avidly enjoys and is pretty good at.  

Owen was actually the one who dominated mini golf that day.  He honestly made 2 hole in one's during our round.  Most times this is a boy who can't even finish one round before we lose him to climbing rocks or trees.  On Monday he was on fire and knew it and played the whole round.  He smoked me!

Here's to many more fun summer activities for us and hopefully your families too!  Happy summer time freedom!  




No comments:

Post a Comment