Monday, May 11, 2015

A Tribute to Mom's

 You always hear the saying, "You won't understand how much your parents love you until you become a parent."  I never really understood that to be true until I BECAME A PARENT.  The slogan, "You would die for your children" becomes an absolute truth the moment you hold your babies in your arms.  Fathers are the best and a total necessity in our home.  There are just things that Steven does better, quicker, and easier.  Could I do them if I had to?  Of course, but I don't want to.  See, I'm a mom.  Mom's do mom things and dad's do dad things.  To all those single mom's or dad's out there who have to fulfill both roles I salute you.  MAJORLY salute you!  

My mom raised all girls.  My sister is raising all girls.  I birthed boys.  I never saw myself as a "boy mom" because all I had ever been around was girls.  My sister, my friends, all my cousins....Then I had boys.  Boys are so much easier in many ways but do have their challenges and differences.  You have to be okay with dirt, noise, nudity, sports, injuries, more nudity, and more loudness.  My boys love me with a fierceness that can only be described as pure love (and I am totally fine with that).  They protect me when I get hurt, they love on me when I'm sad, they encourage me when I'm down, and they compliment me when they are feeling extra sweet.  I know they learn a lot of this from Steven because he sets such a great example for them.  


This Mother's Day I got to the spend the whole day with my boys and with my parents.  I invited my mom over for some good ole' boy fun complete with mud, water, messes, basketball, and nudity (all outside).  In a matter of 5 hours we had done trampoline jumping and all of those above things I had mentioned.  I believe my boys went through 2-3 changes of clothing while my parents were here.  It's rained INCHES in the last week, mixed with mud and sand...you get the picture!  My hubby grilled out NY Strip steaks, we made corn on the cob, salad, and potatoes and ate till we couldn't eat anymore.  My mom and Will made her world famous (not really but almost) rice crispy treats.  Those things were 90% gone before dinner was even ready.  I enjoyed my time tremendously with my wonderful boys, hubby, and parents.  I pray that each of you mother's were blessed this Sunday by your families and praised and adored for the awesome Mother that you are!



No comments:

Post a Comment