Friday, May 1, 2015

Virginia is For "Lovers"

 I love state signs! I can go back many many years in my life to find me standing by state signs.  I can flash back to the age of 7 wearing a homemade dress sewn by my mom and standing in front of Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida.  That's probably when my love of Florida began.  

This trip was no different.  On this trip we crossed into the state lines of North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. Steven normally rolls his eyes and sometimes will NOT even step foot in front of the sign for me.  Thankfully, this trip he made me happy and snapped my picture willingly and Chris even got out for some signs too.  

Our journey started in Raleigh NC, then we went to Roanoke VA, and then onto Lewisburg WV.  Our furthest drive was from WV back to NC.  Even then that was only about 4 hours.  That's totally doable!  


The "Virginia is For Lovers" sign cracked me up.  I am talking about tears running down my face for minutes after I looked at Chris and Steven.  Even now, days later, when I look at their picture it makes me smile.  I think Steven and I's take of "lovers" is much more cute and accurate:)

I'm super thankful we were able to get away and spend some time together reconnecting during this insanely busy spring season. For those of you who don't know....the months of March, April, and May are the 3 busiest months of the entire year.  Even though we are slammed I think it is important to get away (even for just a few days) and take a breather.  We were actually working quite a bit on this trip from our phones so we weren't totally off but it was still considered a "break" in our books.  Thank you so much for my awesome mother in law who drove to Tulsa to stay with the boys the whole time so they didn't have to miss school.  They had a great time, we had a great time, and I believe she had a great time.  So, that leads me all to ask...when is my next trip?!  


I have now officially visited 40 of the 50 states in this great country.  I am currently trying to plan another trip around North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Michigan.  That will get me to number 44 and oh SO CLOSE to my goal of 50.  I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment