Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Personal Best

 My personal best 15k was this last October when I ran in the Tulsa Run.  My finish time was 1:30.  That was a challenge for me and I was super pumped to have that time after eating right, working out, and losing 20 pounds.  I knew I could beat that time this year.  I knew I had it in me but just didn't know exactly what that time would be.  My goal was just to beat 1:30 minutes.  Well....I DID IT!  1 hour 21 minutes was my final time.  I ran an 8:39 pace for almost 10 miles.  Man, that felt good to accomplish that!  

I love running with my girls.  Kristi, Melinda, and I have done more runs that I can even remember together.  I would have a hard time crossing finish lines without these girls.  I know there are people out there who like to run alone...I am NOT one of those people.  I just love having someone beside you to talk to when you want to (I can't talk the whole time because it messes up my breathing).  I love to have that person there to encourage and on the flip side to gain strength from her when I am faltering.  

Melinda was that person for me during this race.  We hung together for the first 6 1/2 miles or so.  After that, she took off and finished with an even better time than me and I had to stop a few times and stretch out my hips that were getting super tight.  I know I was tired and all, but that last 3 miles without her just seemed so much harder.  I give props to those people who can run alone and not have a buddy with them.  It takes all kinds to do this sport of running.  

Get out there and beat one of your goals this week.  You'll be glad you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment