Sunday, June 28, 2015

Life's Too Short

 I don't want to start this blog being a Debbie Downer but more and more these days I am realizing how life is really too short.  In a blink of your eye your life can change.  You can lose loved ones, friends, family, siblings, jobs, or spouses.  Just today I learned of a friend from high school losing his sister yesterday (she's younger than me)...my precious Mamaw is about to meet Jesus any day.  Life is too short.  

On that note, I realize how precious friendships are to me. To say I love Andrea as just a best friend just doesn't seem like enough.  Those words "best friend" don't feel deep enough.  I am 36.  We have been best friends for 25 years.  Do the math.  I have known her and had her as a friend for more years than not in my life.  I can hardly remember life before her or without her in it.  I hope and pray that Jesus comes back before I will ever have to imagine my life without her in it any longer.  We complete each other's sentences, we know what each other is thinking before the other even talks, we can answer questions about that person that no one (sometimes not even our spouses) know. There is NO ONE I would rather spend a weekend with.  

No offense to any of my other friends (I love you all too). On this visit to Oklahoma we also got to spend time with Chris who has known Andrea even longer than I have.  I met Andrea at age 12.  They met at 9 years old.  9!  I think of my son Will who will be 9 in November and think "That is the age when we all met."  It blows my mind and makes me ponder how important and paramount it is to chose Godly friends and people that make a positive impact on your life because if you are as blessed as we all have been these people could be in your life for the entire REST of your life. Sometimes that boggles my mind!

It seems strange to me that this might have very well been the last time Andrea will stay with me in our current home. Hopefully and God willing next time she comes we will be in our new home and she can be here to help me decorate and plan and maybe UNPACK?!  I just signed her up for that one:)  She totally has great style and I know I could use her experience there.  This weekend she got to see our land and the neighborhood we will be building in.  Next time there will be a house on that land.  No, correction, next time there will be a home. A home that I will gladly welcome her (and other friends) into with open arms.  I can not wait.  

Safe travels home my friend.  Until next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment