Thursday, June 11, 2015

MarVal

 MarVal Resort in Gore, OK will always hold a special place in my heart now.  I had never really gone camping before becoming a boy mom.  I liked outside okay but my version of fun outside time was a float down a river, poolside, or ocean side.  Now, I still like all those things but I enjoy so many more things that I never thought I would.  

Enter MarVal.  We first visited this camp grounds when Will was only 9 months old.  He took some of his first steps in the cabins at this resort (he was fully walking a couple of weeks later). Flash forward many years and Will is going to turn 9 YEARS this year (no longer months) and we are still returning year after year and sometimes twice in one summer.  

There is no shortage of things to do at his place. You've got your skipping rocks, river rafting, canoeing, fishing, mini golf, sand volleyball, basketball, splash pad, swimming pool, water balloon launching station, horseshoes, arts and crafts activity center, bikes and scooters galore to rent, and your outdoor Saturday night movie on the lawn every weekend.  Throw in an awesome new park they just added and a weekend rental golf cart and my boys are in heaven.  H.E.A.V.E.N.  One boy more than the other boy but all 3 boys love this place.  

This weekend Steven and Owen stayed one extra day until Monday.  Will and I came home on Sunday so he could attend baseball practice and get all ready for his tournament beginning this week.  Owen soaked up the sun and his one on one time with Steven.  Owen adores camping, animals, outside, and his daddy so for his 5 year old (6 next month) there is nothing more likely to warm his heart than the last 24 hours he has had.  Steven kept sending me pictures of him and Owen and in every picture Owen kept looking happier and happier.  

This is just another reason MarVal will always have a warm place in my heart.  Oh, and it's only 1 hour door to door.  That's not bad either:)





No comments:

Post a Comment