Monday, June 22, 2015

We Are Building A Home

Yeah!  My cousin Kasey came to visit us for 5 whole days.  It was awesome, amazing fun and we were all sad when she had to leave on Saturday.  The time is just always too short.  

While she was here we took her with us on the HBA (Home Builders Association) Parade of Homes Tour.  Yes, we ARE OLD:)  In our line of work, it really pays to be a member of this organization though.  We earn many referrals through being a part of this and meet many people in our field and related fields that we use for plumbing, concrete, electrical, etc.  On Friday, Kasey got to go with us as we boarded a bus and were shuttled around to many Parade of Homes homes throughout Bixby, Jenks, and Tulsa.  

Man oh man, I found some homes and features inside these homes that I fell in love with.  Some of these features will not fit into our budget when we begin our home building process.  Some will....and those I am super excited about.

I have recently told Steven that I want a sliding vintage barn door in our next house.  I am not sure where I want it but I just know I want it.  He was on the fence about this house feature and then LOW AND BEHOLD literally every home we stepped into had a sliding vintage barn door somewhere in the home.  It's all the rage right now and I was super glad that he was with me so I could prove this point.  I will have one but still not sure location yet.  There's just so many choices: bathrooms, pantry, movie room, laundry room...I must decide!!!!



If money were no object (alas, it is) I would decorate my new home all from Luxe.  This store is beyond amazing and I love all the style that it offers.  Can I afford a $332 lamp?  That's a negative.  So, if anyone reading this blog and knows of a local store, like Luxe, that they can refer me to for home design I would be more than grateful. 

We are almost certain we will begin our building process come late fall or early winter.  We must wait for our business to die down a little first.  We are weeks away from breaking ground on our first ever full build for a flip house.  That house is located at 35/Utica in Tulsa.  This will be a 4200 square foot home completely built by us.  This both thrills and terrifies me.  Since that will be going full force soon, plus running our businesses and being full time parents...our personal home will begin later than originally planned.  


Oh well, that just gives me more time to dream up what it will look like one day in the near future.  Only time will tell the final product but I can say this.....IT WILL HAVE A SLIDING VINTAGE BARN DOOR SOMEWHERE:) 









No comments:

Post a Comment