Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Fireworks Go BOOM

 Last night we all headed over to my Aunt Jan's house (my mom's youngest sister) and we shot off some fireworks.  Due to the fact that my sister and dad wake up before the sun we had to do "early fireworks" because they had to get home to go to sleep.  Lame.  I wish they knew what sleeping in means. The boys and I took full advantage of that this morning and didn't crawl out of bed until 8:22.  Sooooo nice. Just another reason I love summer:)

Anyways, I took my two homemade blackberry cobblers I made (from the berries we picked at the farm) and we loaded up the car with fireworks, family, chairs, bug spray, and cobblers and drove to her house.  Nothing says the 4th like bugspray, cobbler, and blowing up buckets right?  Yes, you heard that right.  We are a part redneck family and Steven loves to create sparkler bombs wrapped in electrical tape, place them under a 10 gallon plastic bucket and watch the bucket either A.  explode into a million pieces or B.  Fly 50 feet in the air. What fun times!

We had a great 4th together as a family and I was glad we were all able to hang out since we will all be going different directions over this holiday weekend.  Jan and her family are staying here (I do believe), Angela and her fam are heading down to San Antonio, and the rest of us are heading up to Kansas City for a Royals/Twins game, more fireworks, and shopping.  Steven and I will be taking the boys all day Saturday to Schlitterbahn.  Everyone enjoy your weekend and the 4th.  Stay safe!




No comments:

Post a Comment