Monday, July 20, 2015

Memories Are Worth It

 When we go to Norman one of my favorite things to do is to run the campus. I know I have said this before, but it really is so beautiful and I have some amazing memories on this university and in this town. I truly enjoy it every single time I get to do it.  This weekend I had to wake up super early to get this run in due to the extreme heat.  I watched the sun come up on this run and by the time I was finished it was already hitting 90 degrees.  

This weekend we went to Norman to celebrate Owen's birthday with his grandparents.  It's always great when we go to Norman to see family.  We enjoyed "Ant Man" a movie pick made by Owen.  Of course, it was super hero themed so we just KNEW that is what he was gonna pick.  Will doesn't normally do super hero movies and never tends to enjoy them.  We told him he had to take one for the team this weekend since it was little bro's birthday and that's what he wanted.  I think Will was equally shocked when the movie was over and I asked him if he liked it.  His response was, "I didn't like it.  I LOVED it!"  Wow.  That might not ever happen again when it comes to super hero movies.  It was a very good movie that I was not expecting to be very good.  It had quite a bit of humor in it because really, how can you make a movie about a man turning into the size of an ant serious?

On Sunday morning before leaving town we visited the new Top Golf in Edmond.  This was another thing that I wasn't sure if I would like or enjoy.  I knew with 100% certainty that everyone else in our group would love it.  I wasn't sure about me.  Again, something that I didn't think I would like and I really did.  This place has it all and is even enjoyable to a person who has never picked up a golf club unless it was mini golf.  I sort of surprised myself and hit my first ball (I thought I would completely swing and miss) 91 yards. Steven got it on video if you don't believe me:)  

If you have boys, or even if you don't, I would recommend trying out Top Golf.  I would also suggest not going on a Friday or Saturday night as the prices are double and you can expect to have a wait of 4-5 hours.  No lie.  We went on the "dead" Sunday morning and still waited 45 minutes for a spot.  It was worth it though.  3 hours later we left with full bellies, sweaty bodies, and a lot less money.  It was worth it.  Memories are worth it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment