Tuesday, July 14, 2015

There's A First Time for Everything

 This last Saturday I attended a family baby shower for Steven's cousin.  Alicia already has one adorable and precious little girl named Avery and now very soon she will be adding another little bundle of girl joy named Sadie.  I am so excited to meet her.  Alicia and her husband Nate create some beautiful babies.  For sure!

I love spending time with Steven's family because I just don't get to see them enough.  I realize they live only 2 hours away and that shouldn't really be a reason to not see each other but it is more that we just all have a lot of kids, we commit ourselves to other things, and we have calendar's with weekends booked weeks out.  I hope that I am not the only one that has a calendar that looks like that!  Surely not right?!

For this special occasion of honoring Alicia and baby Sadie I decided I should do it up!  I had recently purchased this new floral fun spring dress to wear to some upcoming showers and weddings.  I normally always wear flats.  I am a flip flop, tennis shoe, flat sandle type of girl.  When I say always, I want you to understand ALWAYS.  As in, I've never owned a pair of heels in 36 years.  Until last weekend.....

I finally broke down and bought some on clearance at Target.   I didn't want to break the bank for something I didn't know if I could stay fully committed to!  Amazingly, I really liked them.  I have gotten compliments on them every time I put them on, my hubby loves me in them (that should be enough right there), and I feel uber tall which I normally never feel that feeling since I am only 5'4.  Anyways, I believe they were a great $25 purchase and I will be keeping them!  

And now just for a random picture of our Owen.  I can't believe next week he will be turning 6.  Too old Owen.  Too old.....





No comments:

Post a Comment